Educational Storyteller and Videographer/Video Editor
Experienced videographer and editor with an excellent track record in developing and producing engaging video and interactive educational content for web, LMS, and social media. This position will be responsible for audio and video editing, videography, and production of online learning, webinar, product promotion, faq, and social media content. Candidates should have experience adapting existing content to fit within new platforms, comfortable with collaborating with multiple stakeholders and audiences, and able to appropriately discuss and treat sensitive topics.
Exempt Full Time
- Be able to create various forms of videos: slideshows, talking head, and product focused.
- Able to create, produce, collaborate, and direct in remote work environments.
- Experienced in developing and pursuing original ideas that engage audiences and support strategic initiatives.
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to adapt concepts to align with brand voice.
- Able to manage time and workload efficiently, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and modify priorities accordingly.
- Able to iterate and adapt to changing information or platform requirements.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, learning management systems, webinar and other online platforms to showcase video and marketing content.
- Strong cultural competency and familiarity with justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion topics in the workplace and in social or political contexts.
- Familiarity with ecommerce tactics for brand storytelling and engaging with customers, clients, and fans.
- Motion graphics, information design, and data visualization capabilities.
- Nonlinear editing techniques and conventions.
- Strong understanding of online video formats, bitrates, and codecs, and audio mixing/sound design
- Able to work within Adobe Creative Suite
- Self-motivated, resourceful, adaptable, efficient, collaborative and highly-creative video storyteller,
- Committed to a high standard of quality and is comfortable filming and editing independently and in a group setting.
- Direct, honest, and open communicator with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Able to work on multiple projects at the same time, maintain deadlines, communicate consistently with supervisors and project managers and meet deadlines, while maintaining the highest standards of quality control.
- Bring new ideas and storytelling styles to video and educational content.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to build and produce multi-platform campaigns.
- Collaborate with instructional designers and facilitators to develop educational video content for clients and learning management systems (lms).
- Develop and manage a video production pipeline.
- Track with industry, video, and ecommerce trends.
- Create content to elevate TMI’s reputation and brand.
- Lead all facets of video production, including, but not limited to, concept and storyboard development, location scouting (virtual or otherwise), schedule planning, talent management, filming, editing, organizing and archiving all short-form and long-form videos and video assets.
- Creatively combine stock assets with custom graphics and video editing techniques to produce compelling videos.
- Contribute to script and interview question development and conduct interviews with subject matter experts.
- Specify the personnel and equipment needed for each production and obtain necessary copyright permissions and releases.
- Coordinate and collaborate on video post-production including the selection of scenes, transitions, special effects, graphics, narration, voice-over, background music, and brand each video consistently in accordance with company brand standards.
- Other duties as assigned
Expert proficiency using video creation/editing software
Portfolio submission required. Please provide a portfolio that showcases a thoughtful consideration of the audience served including but not limited to case studies and work samples of relevant campaigns.
With your application please submit a 30 second-1 minute demo reel showcasing your own original work.
- BFA Technical Communication, Videography, Film Production, Digital Media or closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years experience
- Visual Storyteller
- Adobe: InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier, etc.
- Zoom, other web/video platforms
- Video and Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, etc.
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Google Drive: Google Sheets, Google Docs
- Google Analytics
TMI Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Chief Product Officer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.