Laura Bowser, SHRM-SCP, CAPM
Chief Executive Officer
As TMI Consulting's Chief Executive Officer, Laura is responsible for organizational strategy, executive leadership and the management of TMI Consulting, Inc.
Laura also oversees the strategic collaboration between TMI Consulting and it's sister company, Loom Technologies, where she serves as Senior Advisor. Laura's strategic guidance has helped shape the development of Loom Technologies' flagship product Loom The Culture Map™.
Under Laura’s unwavering leadership and tenacity TMI Consulting has become recognized as a global and award-winning diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) solutions provider.
Laura has a passion for creating social impact through business. Her career began in international relations, at a large multinational corporation in Beijing, China, where she worked in operations and procurement. Over the course of the next 14 years, Laura’s project management skills and political savvy were honed through her positions in the Virginia House of Delegates, with a regional non-profit, and at management consulting firms. She has worked to support communities and organizations at all levels from local organizations to national Fortune 500 companies.
When Laura is not leading cross-functional teams at the office, you will most likely find her volunteering on local and national boards, furthering her education, or cooking for her family.
- Most Outstanding Student” by L. Douglas Wilder’s School of Government and Public Affairs at Virginia Commonwealth University (2006)
- Certified Associate of Project Management from the Project Management Institute
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt from VCU School of Business
- Member of Virginia Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders Commission. Appointed by Governor Terry McAuliffe (July 2015-June 2019)
- Vice Chair (2017-2019)
- Member of the Virginia Dementia Friendly American Planning Committee (2018)
- Member of the Governor's Family Caregiver Stakeholder Group (2017-2018)
- Chair of the Nominations Committee (2017)
- Member of the Legislative Subcommittee (July 2015-current)
- Appointed to the Governor's Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services Work Group on Alzheimer's Assisted Living Waiver (2016)
- Board Member of ReadtoThem.org
- Secretary (September 2015 - 2018)
- Vice President (September 2013-September 2015)
- Board Member Alzheimer's Association of Greater Richmond
- Chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee (2018 - current)
- Senior Advisor for Burke-Paine Society (2018 - current)
- Member of Project Management Institute (Central Virginia Chapter)
- Member of Richmond SHRM
- Member of Richmond World Affairs Council
I can honestly say that I am here because of our company’s collective vision. We hold ourselves to standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency that are unlike any organization that I have worked for in the past. Every employee at TMI Portfolio cares about making a positive impact—whether for our clients or within the communities that we serve.
— Laura Swanson-Bowser