Dr. Tiffany Jana, DM
Founder and CEO
Dr. Tiffany Jana has helped orchestrate TMI's growth over the past 16 years. This includes leading the merger of three companies that resulted in the launch of TMI in 2010. Dr. Jana subsequently established a national network of consultants and spearheaded the company’s transition into the world’s first Certified Benefit Corporation with a diversity and engagement focus. Dr. Jana has positioned TMI Portfolio as a global leader in metrics-based engagement. Dr. Jana has been featured in numerous publications and media including Fast Company, Inc.com, and Forbes for their work on diversity, equity, empowerment, and inclusion.
As the Founder of TMI’s Portfolio of companies, Dr. Jana oversees the development of the firm's strategies, client relationships, and people. Dr. Jana serves as a strategic advisor on client engagements, and has deep expertise in diversity and inclusion, using metrics to gauge organizational equity and unconscious bias. Dr. Jana's vision is to help clients optimize their workplace and community environments based on stated values.
Dr. Jana is the proud mother of three children, a quirky VCU computer science major, a charismatic Harvard economics major, and a musically gifted middle schooler.
- Inc.com 2018 Top 100 Leadership Speaker
- Enterprising Women of the Year Award 2017 from Enterprising Women Magazine
- Style Weekly's 2013 Top 40 Under 40
- Diversity Journal's 2013 'Women Worth Watching'
- Metropolitan Business League's 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year
- Finalist for the National Association of Women Business Owners 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year
- Member of Board of Directors, Richmond Economic Development Authority
- Co-Chair of Transition Team for Mayor Levar Stoney
- Member Board of Trustees, Science Museum of Virginia
- Member, Board of Directors YWCA Richmond.
- Bias, Privilege, and the Power of Personal Narrative
- TED Talk: The Power of Privilege
- B Inspired Talk
- Overcoming Bias: Building Authentic Relationships Across Differences
- Erasing Institutional Bias: How to Create Systemic Change for Organizational Inclusion
- The B Corp Handbook, 2nd Edition: How You Can Use Business as a Force for Good
- Subtle Acts of Exclusion: How to Understand, Identify, and Stop Microaggressions
Download Dr. Jana's Speaker Profile
Includes a copy of Dr. Jana's bio and keynote descriptions.
After a decade of disillusionment in the corporate workforce, I decided to create the kind of company I wanted to work for. My goal was to create an environment that nurtures, supports, and develops talent while making a positive impact on the world. We now have the technological power to streamline diversity and culture initiatives, thereby transferring cost and time savings to our clients. Nonetheless, we will always have the strength of TMI’s award-winning team and methodology supporting the artificial intelligence powered processes. The TMI Portfolio offers the best of both worlds: human and technology.
— Dr. Tiffany Jana