Dr. Tiffany Jana, DM
Dr. Tiffany Jana (they/them/theirs) is the founder of TMI’s Portfolio companies, now celebrating 20 years championing justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI). Dr. Jana spearheaded the TMI Consulting Inc.’s transition into the world’s first Certified Benefit Corporation (B Corp) with a diversity accountability focus. Dr. Jana was awarded the B Corp community’s highest honor, the Hal Taussig Award, for blazing a path towards JEDI values in action.
Dr. Jana has positioned the TMI Portfolio of companies as the global frontrunner in metrics-based JEDI engagement. As a multilingual, global citizen who has worked and lived internationally, Dr. Jana advocates for inclusion perspectives beyond the US context. Their global ideology is best experienced in their third book, the IPPY Award winning 2nd edition of The B Corp Handbook: How to Use Business as a Force for Good.
As the Founder of TMI’s Portfolio of companies, Dr. Jana helps position the enterprise and our teams to best serve our myriad, complex client engagements. Dr. Jana's vision is to redefine the future of inclusion; to manifest equity by creating an accountable, loving embrace of people and culture that includes an emphasis on liberation through joy. The workplace can and should be a welcoming, safe, and healthy environment where employees can thrive and grow.
Dr. Jana has been featured in numerous publications and media including Fast Company, Inc.com, Forbes, Harvard Business Review and countless other publications for their work on diversity, equity, empowerment, and inclusion. They have authored six books, two of which made this Forbes list, and given hundreds of keynotes and lectures around the world. Their fourth book, Subtle Acts of Exclusion: How to Understand, Identify, and Stop Microaggressions won the 2020 Terry McAdam Award and the getAbstract International Book Award.
Last, but certainly not least, Dr. Jana is the proud parent of two college graduates, an artistic high-schooler, and a rambunctious yorkshire terrier.
- 2020 Hal Taussig Award
- Alliance for Non-Profit Management, 2020 McAdam Book Award
- getAbstract, 2020 International Book Award, Reader's Choice
- Inc.com 2018 Top 100 Leadership Speaker
- Enterprising Women of the Year Award 2017 from Enterprising Women Magazine
- Style Weekly's 2013 Top 40 Under 40
- Diversity Journal's 2013 'Women Worth Watching'
- Metropolitan Business League's 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year
- Finalist for the National Association of Women Business Owners 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year
- Board Member, StartOut
- Former Member of Board of Directors, Richmond Economic Development Authority
- Co-Chair of Transition Team for Mayor Levar Stoney
- American Sustainable Business Network, Lifetime Member
- Metropolitan Business League
- Acts of Exclusion: A Conversation with Tiffany Jana
- Healing Racism
- The Benefit of the Doubt and the Power of Dignity – Facebook Live with Seth Godin
- Bias, Privilege, and the Power of Personal Narrative
- TED Talk: The Power of Privilege
- B Inspired Talk
- Overcoming Bias: Building Authentic Relationships Across Differences
- Erasing Institutional Bias: How to Create Systemic Change for Organizational Inclusion
- The B Corp Handbook, 2nd Edition: How You Can Use Business as a Force for Good
- Subtle Acts of Exclusion: How to Understand, Identify, and Stop Microaggressions
Download Dr. Jana's Speaker Profile
Includes a copy of Dr. Jana's bio and keynote descriptions.
“I envision a world where we not only bring our whole selves to work–but are invited to become our true selves through conscious co-creation.”
— Dr. Tiffany Jana