Fractional Chief Diversity Officer
Is your organization trying to prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), but in need of strategic support? Add a Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) to your team or board of directors for structured guidance on how to integrate inclusion without compromising your culture.
What is a Fractional CDO?
A fractional Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) is an hourly contracted officer whose role is to provide strategic guidance for an organization’s diversity and inclusion solutions.
Chief Diversity Officers provide thought leadership in identifying strategies for leveraging or increasing the current diversity of your organization. Fractional CDOs help advance a culture of equity and inclusion. They support DEI objectives in hiring and development, develop support programs, trainings, and interventions that enhance your organization’s mission, vision and values.
Fractional CDO Objectives
- Provide the organization with structured diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) guidance.
- Allow the organization to experience the value of an experienced CDO without long-term commitment.
- Facilitate the creation or expansion of a DEI strategy and/or a CDO job description.
- Provide immediate feedback and counsel on emergent diversity issues.
- Model the evaluation of organizational challenges through a DEI lens.
- Leverage the existing range of backgrounds and skills in your organization to enhance creativity, innovation and problem solving.
- Attract and retain diverse and high performing talent.
- Increase the organization’s reputation as a brand and employer provider of choice.
Do You Need A CDO?
To find out take our quiz.
- 3, 6, 9, or 12 month contract
- Attendance at Board Meetings
- Attendance at Diversity Council Meetings
- Strategy meetings with CEO or Executive Director
- Strategy meetings with Executive Leadership Team